1906 WH Rhodes 
The W. H. Rhodes Ranch was established in 1906 about 10 miles north of Odessa by Mr. Rhodes, his wife Nena Leota Cooper and their two girls, Lillian, (Mrs. Cal Smith) and June (Mrs. Jay McGee).

In addition to being an early rancher, Mr. Rhodes opened the first real estate office in Odessa and sold land from the Rio Grande to the Brazos River.

He also operated one of the city's first car dealerships. Mr. Rhodes was a distinguished charter member of the Masonic Lodge #955 organized in the city.

Courtesy: The Flavor Of Odessa, 1891-1991; editor:Ann Sherburn.
The Heritage of Odessa Foundation.

Clear Page
Updated: May 23, 1998