The original Station House was demolished by a tornado and quickly rebuilt.
However by 1910, due to increased traffic. mostly from cattle, the station
had to be expanded. In addition to offices, the new depot had a baggage
room, two waiting rooms a freight room and a platform. The Expansion also
included a "coal house, 14 stock pens, a galvanized water tank, a pump house,
a section house, a Mexican house, a tool house and two double privies"
according to the official T & P inventory list.
Courtesy: The Flavor Of Odessa, 1891-1991; editor:Ann Sherburn.
The Heritage of Odessa Foundation.