Pictured is the staff of the Ector County Democrat, owned and published by Jesse L. Frame. He Operated the Democrat between 1904 and 1906 from a small building on the west side of the 200 block of Grant Street c.a. 1906
Miss Annie Mae Harkey and Miss Gertie Rabb were responsible for getting Jesse Frame's The Democrat out on time. They set type in addition to covering events and writing copy. Interestingly enough, at the turn of the century, working for a newspaper was one of the few respectable professions open to women.
Courtesy, Permian Historical Society Archival Collection.