The Greyhound bus terminal and Coffee Shop, 221 W. Second Street in 1945.
The first bus line to reach Odessa was in 1927, prompted most likely by the great demand to reach the opportunities in the Crane Oil Fields.
By 1928, it was possible to ride from Dallas to Los Angeles with only seven changes which included at some points, riding on an elongated limousine or jitney.
In 1981, there were five different bus companies serving Ector County.
Greyhound bus station has moved again. May 1998 this photo taken of location of Bus service for many years. Address: corner E. 5th & Jackson Street.
Courtesy, Permian Historical Society Collection,.